This is a unique opportunity to play a major role in a fast-growing marketing tech startup and agency.
In response to massive growth in the last year we are significantly growing our team. We are looking for a bright, self-motivated candidates who can bring proven PPC management skills and hit the ground running.
We are expecting to grow 2x this year so this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business on an exciting journey and to grow with us.
Who are Search Machines?
Search Machines are a marketing tech company whose ATLAS application applies cutting edge AI to the creation and management of Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing campaigns in Google and Bing. Alongside the smart tech we also provide some clients with a fully managed account management service. We currently manage over £150 million in annual ad spend across multiple clients around the world in diverse sectors such as travel, insurance, retail and education.
We work remotely in locations as diverse as Penzance, Cambridge, London, Tel Aviv and California but all share a common passion for succeeding at what we do and having fun while we do it.
Client Success Directors are responsible for managing the relationship with our clients, making it the most important and senior level within Client Success. In this role, you will be responsible for owning 5-6 clients, ensuring their marketing goals are achieved, and working with account managers to deliver results. We prioritize analytical ability as we consider ourselves data scientists first and PPC managers second.
Reporting to the head of Client Success, your responsibilities will include:
- Owning the relationship and performance of the client’s accounts as the face of Search Machines to the client
- Communicating effectively with the client’s senior management
- Working within the Search Machines’ account management approach
- Developing quarterly growth plans for each client
- Overseeing the work of account managers in optimizing and managing the client’s accounts
- Analyzing the accounts using a data-driven approach to find new ways to improve performance
- Proactively researching emerging technologies in the digital marketing world to keep up to date on the latest trends and run tests and investigations as appropriate
- Helping in the development and training of account managers
- Performing any other duties as required by the head of Client Success
This role can be remote, but regular travel to London is required. Being located in London, the North East, or Cornwall would be a plus. As new marketing tech capabilities are developed, you will have the opportunity to shape the development and deployment of these new tools.
Personal development and growth are prioritized at Search Machines, and ongoing training and development are provided. You will learn from some of the very best PPC minds in the industry, as our team has worked in some of the world’s largest companies leading their PPC departments.
What we require from you:
Character counts, and who you are matters to us more than what you know or what you have done. We are looking for people who are can-do, know how to work in a team, don’t mind getting stuck into complex problems, can handle change with grace, and have integrity in how they work and treat others. These are the things that matter to us most.
But what you know is important too.
The must-haves for this role include:
- Experience communicating with senior management of clients
- Strong leadership skills
- Significant prior agency experience
- 5+ years of in-depth experience working with Google Ads (MS Ads would be a bonus)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good working experience using Excel to conduct data analysis
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to clients and colleagues
- Self-starter and able to manage your time well
- Strong work ethic, personal accountability, and ownership
The nice-to-haves for this role include:
- Some experience of programming and scripting (Python, Google Script, VBA)
- A foreign language
What you can expect from us:
- We will provide extensive on-the-job training to ensure you are set up for success in your new role.
- This is a permanent full-time position, and the salary ranges from £60-90K per year depending on experience.
- Annual bonuses and stock options are available depending on personal and business performance.
- Other benefits include pro-rata 20 days of holiday per year plus bank holidays, workplace pension, highly flexible working hours and working locations, a relaxed but professional working environment with a great group of people who we encourage to meet up with regularly
- Continued investment in your career development from our leadership team.
- Many opportunities to learn cutting edge marketing skills, run experiments, and learn from some of the best people in the marketing world